In general, the Foundation will not award grants for the following purposes:
- Annual appeals or membership drives
- Capital requests (see note below)
- Debt reduction
- Grants to individuals
- One-time events that are not part of an ongoing program
- Ongoing operating costs for free medical and dental clinics
In general, the Foundation does not support the following in nonpublic or public school districts:
- Curriculum-related expenses
- Field trips
- Faculty salaries
- Playground equipment
- Staff development
Note: Capital requests are considered only if the organization’s mission aligns closely with the Foundation’s mission and (a) the request is recommended as a priority by the Stark County Capital Campaigns Committee (for projects of $500,000 or more) or (b) the request is recommended as a priority in collaboration with other area foundations (for projects below $500,000).
* The Foundation reserves the right to change or modify grant guidelines as determined by its Distribution Committee and the Board.