> WHAT WE FUND > GRANT OPPORTUNITIES > GOOD SAMARITAN GRANTS
Samaritan grants of $10,000 or less are available to support community-based
programs that are largely volunteer-driven or programs of nonprofit
organizations with annual operating budgets of under $100,000.
The programs must be designed to meet the health, education, or social services
needs of the poor and underserved.
The Foundation staff review Good Samaritan requests on a rolling basis.
In general, Good Samaritan grants will not be awarded for:
- Salaries, stipends, or other forms of compensation
- Annual events or one-time efforts that have no lasting benefit and no ongoing program or service delivery components
- The same program for more than four consecutive years, unless the program has begun to receive substantial, ongoing support from other sources
Examples of past Good Samaritan grants:
- Hannah's House 119: $9,525 to support the purchase of suppplies for mentoring program
- She Elevates: $7,500 to support the She Elevates Academy program, over two years
 An organization’s budget should be based on sources of income in the previous year with a modest increase. If the organization is new, then the budget should be based on potential funding sources exclusive of Sisters of Charity Foundation funding.